Author Topic: Can you stop "centering" of selected image in "panes view"?  (Read 3980 times)

Offline Whistlingmike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Can you stop "centering" of selected image in "panes view"?
« on: August 14, 2007, 01:03:09 PM »
Can you stop the "centering" of the selected image when looking at enlarged photos in the "panes view" the way Mechanic use to be?  I find it much more difficult to keep track of where I am and in comparing images.  Perhaps there is a way to do this now, but I haven't found it.  I'm not sure if I am even using the correct terms to ask for what I like, but hope you understand me anyway. 

Thanks, Michael Lichter mike@lichterphoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can you stop "centering" of selected image in "panes view"?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 01:12:16 PM »
Can you stop the "centering" of the selected image when looking at enlarged photos in the "panes view" the way Mechanic use to be?  I find it much more difficult to keep track of where I am and in comparing images.  Perhaps there is a way to do this now, but I haven't found it.  I'm not sure if I am even using the correct terms to ask for what I like, but hope you understand me anyway.

If you Command-click (Ctrl-click on Windows) on an area that you want to view zoomed up, the area you clicked on will be centered.  Command-click again to go back out of zoomed mode.  It's really effective this way.  Please give it a try.

HTH,

-Kirk