Author Topic: Question about exporting  (Read 3856 times)

Offline craigmortimer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Question about exporting
« on: August 15, 2007, 08:48:48 AM »
Hello
When I export photos, I want to export to a specific size, not a maximum size. I don't care if I lose the aspect ratio in order to do so. Is this possible?
Thanks
Craig

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Question about exporting
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 09:06:29 AM »
Craig,

When I export photos, I want to export to a specific size, not a maximum size. I don't care if I lose the aspect ratio in order to do so. Is this possible?

No.  PM preserves the aspect ratio.  The closest you can get is to use Save As and scale to a custom width and height, but even then the aspect ratio is preserved.

-Kirk

Offline craigmortimer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »
thanks Kirk, but thats a real shame.
when i Save As to a cutom width and height, it still uses it as a maximum, not as a definition

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 09:33:48 AM »
thanks Kirk, but thats a real shame.
when i Save As to a cutom width and height, it still uses it as a maximum, not as a definition

Right and that's because PM preserves the aspect ratio.  Otherwise your images would be stretched in various ways.  Can you tell me what you're trying to accomplish in that having stretched images would not be an issue?

-Kirk

Offline craigmortimer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 10:04:19 AM »
i am trying to take all my original photos and make them 640x480 with thumbs at 102x82 this is a specific size for a template i use and cannot be changed
if there's any way I can do this without having to individually crop each photo, it would make the process SO much easier
it does not have to be a case of losing the aspect ration, perhaps I can automatically crop from the bottom of the image?
i just need the end result to be 640x480 and thums 102x82

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 11:18:44 AM »
i am trying to take all my original photos and make them 640x480 with thumbs at 102x82 this is a specific size for a template i use and cannot be changed
if there's any way I can do this without having to individually crop each photo, it would make the process SO much easier
it does not have to be a case of losing the aspect ration, perhaps I can automatically crop from the bottom of the image?
i just need the end result to be 640x480 and thums 102x82

What template is this that needs such specifically sized images?
If you have Photoshop you should be able to create an action that scales the images disproportionally, but I think you won't really like the results of the aspect ratio change.

-Kirk