Author Topic: Unwanted quit PM 4.5.2  (Read 19159 times)

Offline jimb

• View Profile
Re: Unwanted quit PM 4.5.2
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 05:17:11 AM »
When trying to paste text into IPTC Caption field with right click mouse context menu, PM 4.5.2 quits every time without any question or action. Under Win XP SP2.

When this crash occurs, do you get to see the contextual menu at all?

Yes, you get the context menu and the crash occurs at the exact moment you select and click the paste option in the context menu.

Hope this helps in finding the problem.

Same here.
Jim

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 06:23:02 AM »
When trying to paste text into IPTC Caption field with right click mouse context menu, PM 4.5.2 quits every time without any question or action. Under Win XP SP2.

When this crash occurs, do you get to see the contextual menu at all?

Yes, you get the context menu and the crash occurs at the exact moment you select and click the paste option in the context menu.

Hope this helps in finding the problem.

Every bit of information helps me narrow down the possible culprit.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline jimb

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 08:29:48 AM »
Every bit of information helps me narrow down the possible culprit.
Thanks,
-Kirk

FWIW, here's some additional symptoms:
- Until now, I've been testing only in the IPTC Info panel. But the problem also occurs in the stationary pad when used with both contact sheets and ingest.
- I usually have other stuff running, so to test if another application is interfering I shut down everything but PM. Same problem.
- Here's an example of the inconsistency I mentioned earlier. Using the context menu, I copied the contents of the info panel. When I subsequently pasted it into an IPTC field using the context menu, it worked (no crash). However, when I then clicked Undo from the context menu in the same IPTC field, PM crashed.

Offline nharnik

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 08:22:30 AM »
XP, PM4.5.2
I too experienced a program shutdown following a paste operation,
I pasted text from email program into the caption field of first photo, no no crash.
I then advanced to next photo using the "Save &>" button.
switched applications to my email prog, copied other text, returned to PM, and pasted the copied test to caption field.
PM then crashed. I did not lose the pasted text, it was retained in the caption field.
Curiously, I cannot reproduce the crash.
n