Author Topic: Pm Settings for Mac  (Read 3545 times)

Offline dbecker

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Pm Settings for Mac
« on: August 20, 2007, 07:14:13 PM »
Hi - I just bought a new Mac Book pro - duo core and its loaded with 4 gigs of ram.  I want to be able to browse many image as fast as possible when editing at large events.  What are the best settings for PM in caching?  Are there any other preferances I should adjust for best performance in terms of speed?

thanks - dan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Pm Settings for Mac
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 09:18:50 PM »
Dan,

I just bought a new Mac Book pro - duo core and its loaded with 4 gigs of ram.  I want to be able to browse many image as fast as possible when editing at large events.  What are the best settings for PM in caching?  Are there any other preferances I should adjust for best performance in terms of speed?

I would leave the disk cache alone and bump up the Memory cache to at least 512 MB and even up to 1024 MB if you're not running too many other memory hungry applications at the same time as PM.

Also, leave the RAW rendering settings at their default.  Making PM render each RAW file with ImageIO will really hurt performance.

-Kirk

Offline dbecker

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 09:36:08 PM »
thanks Kirk - what was the default disk cache?  I adjusted it but can not remember what it should be set to...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 11:41:12 PM »
thanks Kirk - what was the default disk cache?  I adjusted it but can not remember what it should be set to...

I believe it is 512 MB, with 512 MB reserved.

-Kirk