Author Topic: Grayed out Saved as Jpeg  (Read 22325 times)

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Grayed out Saved as Jpeg
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 05:03:40 AM »
Where did I say that the jpgs are inadequate??  Please read my post.
You didn't say that, I just assumed that was what you were implying.  Why else would you want to have PM redo the rendering if you already have a perfectly valid embedded JPG?  Anyway, my apologies for putting the wrong words in your mouth.  :-[

I simply stated that I shoot RAW because of the flexibility it allows for white balance and color temp after the fact.  I would like to be perfect all the time with both but I am not, hence the desire to be able to correct issues like these prior to proofing and/or emailing.   There is no downside to having the converter available inside of PM, as has already been discussed it is already there for those on the MAC platform.   Why shouldn't the same flexibility exist for those on Windows?

One of the reasons I don't like Lightroom is that they persist in using their (very good I must say) raw processor to reprocess all my already processed Nikon Capture NX NEFs...
That's why I am so against having PM do the same ;)

However, as long as it's an option, that is Ok, I would have no problems with that  ;D

Cheers,
    Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 07:04:11 AM »
Hayo,

Where did I say that the jpgs are inadequate??  Please read my post.
You didn't say that, I just assumed that was what you were implying.  Why else would you want to have PM redo the rendering if you already have a perfectly valid embedded JPG?  Anyway, my apologies for putting the wrong words in your mouth.  :-[

I simply stated that I shoot RAW because of the flexibility it allows for white balance and color temp after the fact.  I would like to be perfect all the time with both but I am not, hence the desire to be able to correct issues like these prior to proofing and/or emailing.   There is no downside to having the converter available inside of PM, as has already been discussed it is already there for those on the MAC platform.   Why shouldn't the same flexibility exist for those on Windows?

One of the reasons I don't like Lightroom is that they persist in using their (very good I must say) raw processor to reprocess all my already processed Nikon Capture NX NEFs...
That's why I am so against having PM do the same ;)

However, as long as it's an option, that is Ok, I would have no problems with that  ;D

It would definitely be an option, just like it is on the Mac version.

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 08:05:30 AM »
It would definitely be an option, just like it is on the Mac version.

Kirk, Excellent as always 8)

Thanks,
--
Hayo Baan - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hrbaan

Sergeant Colon had had a broad education. He'd been to the School of
My Dad Always Said, the College of It Stands to Reason, and was now a
post graduate at the University of What Some Bloke in the Pub Told Me.
        Terry Pratchett, Jingo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl