Author Topic: Apple Remote for Slideshows  (Read 8068 times)

Offline smorgan42

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Apple Remote for Slideshows
« on: August 23, 2007, 02:00:55 PM »
It would be really nice if you could use the Apple remote to advance through slideshows, while using the up and down arrows to increase/decrease the star rating. If you wanted to really make it nice, you could have the play/pause button switch between automatic play mode and advance with button mode. Menu could even escape you back to the browser.

Offline bjornh

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Apple Remote for Slideshows
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 02:12:07 AM »
Any plans to support the Apple remote? It would be great to be able to use PM together with the remote to show slideshows.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 05:58:41 AM »
Any plans to support the Apple remote? It would be great to be able to use PM together with the remote to show slideshows.

Not at this time, no.

-Kirk

Offline bjornh

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 07:17:37 AM »

Not at this time, no.

-Kirk

To bad. Please consider this for a future release.

Offline thawley

• Newcomer
  • Are we there yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 01:04:24 PM »
Bringing this thread back from the dead: Adding remote support for slide shows is still a good idea.

I'm sure Camera Bits enjoys the extra word of mouth exposure that occurs whenever PM is used in front of an audience. Several hundred college photo students a year are exposed to PM in my classes alone.  It's not a feature worth a major rewrite, but if it's easily added code it will surely keep educators and presenters already using PM from leaving our favorite software just for added presentation functionality in other programs.

Just thinking out loud (with Apple remote in hand...).

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 04:18:16 PM »
I start to belive in telepathy....I was just wondering today during a sort of presentation to a friend in a cafe how good this feature would be to have. Anyway I never have the remote with me and I never ever used it since I own my MacBook Pro. More to that I almost never use slideshow in PM. But after today's example I surely will discover the slideshow functions and I do find it a good idea if one holds presentations or even when you simply sit in front of the machine in a fomfortable chair and the remote.

More to this point is there (or at least could there be) any way using the iPhone Remote app for the same? I don't know how much additional programming this would need and I don't know how much configuring possibilities current IR remote and iPhone Remote have to support us. But it would be surely a good stuff....one for the luxury side not the really mechanic side of managing photos.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Ben Curtis

• View Profile
    • Snappertalk blog
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 04:49:55 AM »
I haven't tried it, but I would have thought something like Remote Buddy could be configured to do what you want, and it would work for both Apple Remotes and iPhones/iPod Touch.

http://www.iospirit.com/products/remotebuddy/