Author Topic: How do I delete from both Primary and Backup disks simultaneously  (Read 6125 times)

Offline Malcolm

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
After I ingest my CF Card photos to my Primary and Backup disks, I review and tag those that I want to keep. I then select the rejects and delete them. PM deletes the rejects only in the Primary disk leaving me with the task of removing rejects from the Backup disk by other means. Is there an option to have rejects deleted from Both disks?

Thank you,
Malcolm

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How do I delete from both Primary and Backup disks simultaneously
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 06:39:50 AM »
Malcom,

After I ingest my CF Card photos to my Primary and Backup disks, I review and tag those that I want to keep. I then select the rejects and delete them. PM deletes the rejects only in the Primary disk leaving me with the task of removing rejects from the Backup disk by other means. Is there an option to have rejects deleted from Both disks?

No, there is no automatic way to cause deletes in one location to also delete the same-named files in another location.

-Kirk

Offline tourist

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 10:34:37 AM »

Thank you,
Malcolm

With BreezeBrowser Pro there was an option to move deleted files into a Deleted subdirectory.  This combined with Super File Synchronizer Pro (terrible name, great product) allowed me to keep all of my image archives in sync (laptop, desktop and two NAS arrays).  It also provided me peace of mind knowing that no images were actually deleted but rather moved into a folder for rejects.  Once a project is complete, or I am sure that I will never need to revisit those images I could simply remove the Deleted folder.  Simple, effective and it works well.

With PM I need to rate all the photos as trash, and then when complete I select them all and manually move them into a Deleted subdir.  These are extra steps and I am hoping that PM will add an option to just automatically move the files that are deleted into a Deleted folder.   

Offline Malcolm

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 11:17:15 AM »
Thank you.

Malcolm

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 01:27:35 PM »
These are extra steps and I am hoping that PM will add an option to just automatically move the files that are deleted into a Deleted folder.

Please post this as a feature request in the Feature Requests section of the forums.  No promises as to whether it gets implemented or not, but posting in the right forum is your best bet.

-Kirk

Offline tourist

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 01:53:42 PM »
These are extra steps and I am hoping that PM will add an option to just automatically move the files that are deleted into a Deleted folder.

Please post this as a feature request in the Feature Requests section of the forums.  No promises as to whether it gets implemented or not, but posting in the right forum is your best bet.

-Kirk

Will do.  Thanks for the heads up!  :-)