Author Topic: Drag and Drop not working  (Read 6787 times)

Offline Brian_Crussel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Drag and Drop not working
« on: May 29, 2006, 11:54:57 AM »
The drag and drop between Opened Contact sheets is no longer working.  I have repaired my permissions and restarted my Mac as well as deleted prefs and rebuilt my directory.  It just no longer works. V4.3.8 Mac G5 Quad 4.5GB RAM Any ideas.  I can option drag for a copy on the same drive just not drag and drop.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Drag and Drop not working
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 12:28:11 PM »
The drag and drop between Opened Contact sheets is no longer working.  I have repaired my permissions and restarted my Mac as well as deleted prefs and rebuilt my directory.  It just no longer works. V4.3.8 Mac G5 Quad 4.5GB RAM Any ideas.  I can option drag for a copy on the same drive just not drag and drop.

I have no idea why it would stop working for you, but basically if option drag from contact sheet to contact sheet then the drag and drop mechanism *is* working.  Option drag means "copy".  Without the option key down, drag can mean move or copy depending on whether the files are on the same drive or not.

4.3.8 is the last version of the 4.3 series and is no longer being worked on.  Version 4.4x is the current version for development.  Have you tried 4.4.3?

-Kirk

Offline Brian_Crussel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 04:14:27 AM »
I guess the "move" is what is not working.  Same drive.  It worked fine until yesterday?  I will download 4.4.3 and try it.  First I will try reinstalling PM 4.3.8.  I really did not want to pay for an upgrade as 4.3.8 does everything I need and more.
Could I be missing deleting some torked prefs somewhere?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 07:36:40 AM »
I guess the "move" is what is not working.  Same drive.  It worked fine until yesterday?  I will download 4.4.3 and try it.  First I will try reinstalling PM 4.3.8.  I really did not want to pay for an upgrade as 4.3.8 does everything I need and more.
Could I be missing deleting some torked prefs somewhere?

You could try renaming your preferences file or move it to your desktop and then relaunch PM to see if that fixes things.  But there is no preference in PM to make drag and drop move cases work incorrectly ;)

-Kirk