Author Topic: Exporting Structured Keywords?  (Read 3048 times)

Offline Maka

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Exporting Structured Keywords?
« on: August 30, 2007, 12:42:59 PM »
Hi,
I work in the photo department for a school, and I've just been given the task of helping to set up and familiarize the student yearbook staff with Photo Mechanic. As such, one task my co-worker and I would like to accomplish is to have them use the same structured keywords that we use in our office for simplicity's sake. Is there a way to export Structured Keywords to a separate file, or are stuck brute-forcing the same keywords onto 11 computers? Thanks for any help in advance.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Exporting Structured Keywords?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 01:33:05 PM »
I work in the photo department for a school, and I've just been given the task of helping to set up and familiarize the student yearbook staff with Photo Mechanic. As such, one task my co-worker and I would like to accomplish is to have them use the same structured keywords that we use in our office for simplicity's sake. Is there a way to export Structured Keywords to a separate file, or are stuck brute-forcing the same keywords onto 11 computers? Thanks for any help in advance.

All you have to do is use the Save button.  Then on each computer you want to have the same set of keywords, use the Load button.  If you don't want to lose any unique keywords that may have been created on each system, use the Merge button.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Maka

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Exporting Structured Keywords?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 03:07:17 PM »
Thanks for the prompt, helpful response!