Author Topic: rgb values  (Read 4207 times)

Offline gerard

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
rgb values
« on: August 30, 2007, 12:21:48 PM »
is it possible to see the rgb values of a point in the picture ??

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: rgb values
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 12:23:55 PM »

No, it is currently not possible to see the RGB values under the mouse cursor in the Preview or Contact Sheet.

-Kirk

Offline IanGoldstein

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 05:27:48 PM »
On Windows you can use a simple utility called "EyeDropper" for this.  When running it sits in the system tray; you simply double click it to enable/disable it. When enabled it provides a small floating window that follows the cursor, showing a zoomed view of the area the cursor is pointing to and the color at the cursor. The latest version has a few other nice little features as well. I've been using it for years. It's a fantastic little app and it's freeware.

http://www.inetia.com/en/eyedropper/

-Ian

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 05:34:41 PM »
Ian,

On Windows you can use a simple utility called "EyeDropper" for this.  When running it sits in the system tray; you simply double click it to enable/disable it. When enabled it provides a small floating window that follows the cursor, showing a zoomed view of the area the cursor is pointing to and the color at the cursor. The latest version has a few other nice little features as well. I've been using it for years. It's a fantastic little app and it's freeware.

http://www.inetia.com/en/eyedropper/

Depending on whether you're using Color Management or not, this may not be accurate.  If you're using Color Management in PM, then EyeDropper will be seeing post-managed color values and not the true values contained in the image.  If that's OK for you, then EyeDropper would be a good solution.

-Kirk

Offline IanGoldstein

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 08:03:38 PM »
That's a good point; I forgot about that. Well, at least for web development, which is what I use it for, it comes in handy.

-Ian

Offline gerard

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 12:39:01 AM »

No, it is currently not possible to see the RGB values under the mouse cursor in the Preview or Contact Sheet.

-Kirk

thanks Kirk,
will it be possible in the (near) future ??

gerard