Author Topic: Why is everything Printing as a negative?  (Read 4709 times)

Offline SDNphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Why is everything Printing as a negative?
« on: August 30, 2007, 08:42:11 PM »
IT finally upgraded our Photoshop to CS and ever since, Photo Mechanic is printing everything as a negative or inverted...   I have PM version 4.4.3.3.

Is there anyway to fix this!?!?!?!?   I'm used to bulk printing my work from the day and now I have to individually print everything through photoshop...  :-(

Thanks!!!

~Erin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Why is everything Printing as a negative?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 01:26:33 AM »
Erin,

IT finally upgraded our Photoshop to CS and ever since, Photo Mechanic is printing everything as a negative or inverted...   I have PM version 4.4.3.3.

Is there anyway to fix this!?!?!?!?   I'm used to bulk printing my work from the day and now I have to individually print everything through photoshop...  :-(

What OS are you running?

And by negative, do you mean that the colors are off, or is the image upside-down?

-Kirk

Offline SDNphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 08:35:17 AM »
We are running mac OSX...

and by inverted I mean a positive image is printing out as a negitive image.     The print out looks like you went into photoshop and hit Apple (or CTRL) I....   

The images look fine on the screen in Photo Mechanic, it is just everything is priting as a negative image.     (Not upside down...)

Thanks!

~Erin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 10:24:47 AM »
Erin,

We are running mac OSX...

and by inverted I mean a positive image is printing out as a negitive image.     The print out looks like you went into photoshop and hit Apple (or CTRL) I....   

The images look fine on the screen in Photo Mechanic, it is just everything is priting as a negative image.     (Not upside down...)

I would guess that since your upgrade to Photoshop you have been putting ICC profiles (color profiles) into your images and something is going wrong with that.  If you would like to send me one of your images, I can run it through the latest version of Photo Mechanic and see if it exhibits that behavior or not.

Contact me directly by clicking on my name to the left of this message, then send me a 'Personal message'.  I will give you an email address to send your image (if it is small enough) or a server to upload your image onto.

-Kirk