Poll

How do you enable IPTC keywords/tags and other data to transfer to other apps?

Transfer keywords
0 (0%)
IPTC transfer to other apps
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Cannot transfer keywords/tags to my Extensis Portfolio App  (Read 6002 times)

Offline thelight

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I cannot get my PM v 4.4.3 to transfer the data I enter via the iptc to other apps, most notably my Extensis Portfolio app.  While importing photos via PM (ingest), at least some of the data is able to transfer.  I cannot get Extensis Portfolio to read additional key words after import.  I tried playing with Edit>Preferences>IPTC/XMP>"when writing IPTC/XMP" to no avail.  Any suggestions?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Cannot transfer keywords/tags to my Extensis Portfolio App
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 10:30:26 PM »
I cannot get my PM v 4.4.3 to transfer the data I enter via the iptc to other apps, most notably my Extensis Portfolio app.  While importing photos via PM (ingest), at least some of the data is able to transfer.  I cannot get Extensis Portfolio to read additional key words after import.  I tried playing with Edit>Preferences>IPTC/XMP>"when writing IPTC/XMP" to no avail.  Any suggestions?

You didn't mention the format of your images which would be really helpful to know...

Since there is a fairly small number of combinations for the "When writing..." section of the IPTC/XMP preferences, how about doing a test to see what Extensis Portfolio "likes"?  Take some images directly from the camera (do not apply IPTC Stationery while Ingesting).  Then open up the IPTC/XMP preferences and set the checkboxes.  Caption one of the photos.  Change the checkboxes again.  Caption another one of the photos.  Repeat this until all combinations have been tried.  Then import the photos into Portfolio.  Make note of which one had the best results.  Set your IPTC/XMP checkboxes accordingly.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline thelight

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot transfer keywords/tags to my Extensis Portfolio App
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 06:41:46 PM »
Thanks Kirk.  Regarding your question "what format", the problem applies to all formats.

I am out of town for a couple weeks but will try your suggestion when I return.