Author Topic: Save favourites  (Read 4652 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Save favourites
« on: September 02, 2007, 03:41:51 AM »
Saving favourite Contact sheets is a great option, but it would be great to be able to save not only one folder as a Favourite contact shett, but also a contact sheet set up from more folders and subfolders. It would be great to be able to save sorting and filtering criterias as well to the favourite contact sheets not to be needed to every time set all the filterings and sorting methods.

Is it allready possibile in PM or this would be a new feature....or maybe one impossibile to implement?
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Save favourites
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 09:47:24 AM »
Saving favourite Contact sheets is a great option, but it would be great to be able to save not only one folder as a Favourite contact shett, but also a contact sheet set up from more folders and subfolders. It would be great to be able to save sorting and filtering criterias as well to the favourite contact sheets not to be needed to every time set all the filterings and sorting methods.

Is it allready possibile in PM or this would be a new feature....or maybe one impossibile to implement?

If you use the "Remember folders..." command on the File menu it will remember the list of folders that are currently open in the contact sheet tab.  Sorting and filtering is not saved, but the list of folders and the arrangement of the files is preserved.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 09:40:28 AM »
If you use the "Remember folders..." command on the File menu it will remember the list of folders that are currently open in the contact sheet tab.  Sorting and filtering is not saved, but the list of folders and the arrangement of the files is preserved.

Yes, I was looking for this feature but unfortunately I would need the sort and filtering options to be saved more than the arangement. But it is great to have it at all anyway.

By the way is there a method of setting the default settings of the star ratting and color class filter? I didn't find any option to set it in Preferences but this part works different on my desktop and my laptop.
Allways shooting RAW.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 10:41:15 AM »

Yes, I was looking for this feature but unfortunately I would need the sort and filtering options to be saved more than the arangement. But it is great to have it at all anyway.

By the way is there a method of setting the default settings of the star ratting and color class filter? I didn't find any option to set it in Preferences but this part works different on my desktop and my laptop.

You can right-click on the filters to set the current state as the default.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 11:19:02 AM »
You can right-click on the filters to set the current state as the default.

Thank you, it works now. I didn't discover it yet. Sorry to bother you...
,-))
Allways shooting RAW.