Author Topic: How do I crop??  (Read 4904 times)

Offline cmpentecost

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How do I crop??
« on: September 04, 2007, 12:06:49 PM »
Hi,

I just downloaded the trial version of Photo Mechanic for Operation Photo Rescue, and will be purchasing it.  I need to crop my images, but cannot figure how to do this.  I enlarge the photo, make the "crop", but how do I finalize it?  Do I need to save it and rename it?  I have about 1000 photos that need cropping, and while they are all named, I really don't want to have to rename them all again, especially one by one.  Certainly I must be missing something.  Can someone offer me guidance on this?

Thanks.

cmpentecost

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How do I crop??
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 02:26:53 PM »
I just downloaded the trial version of Photo Mechanic for Operation Photo Rescue, and will be purchasing it.  I need to crop my images, but cannot figure how to do this.  I enlarge the photo, make the "crop", but how do I finalize it?  Do I need to save it and rename it?  I have about 1000 photos that need cropping, and while they are all named, I really don't want to have to rename them all again, especially one by one.  Certainly I must be missing something.  Can someone offer me guidance on this?

You can 'realize' the crop in a variety of ways: save as, export, printing, uploading, etc.  But for your needs Save as would be best.  If you just save to a different output folder, you won't need to perform any renaming.  If you do want to rename, Photo Mechanic has one of the most powerful renames around.  You can use any of over one hundred image variables to rename your images.

HTH,

-Kirk