Author Topic: Default IPTC Encoding  (Read 17794 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Default IPTC Encoding
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 10:06:26 AM »
Archer,

>>David,

Quote from: David_Hall on September 09, 2007, 05:30:07 PM
My bad.....it's not the space bar, I meant to tell you it's the Enter key when I want to start a new line of info that is giving me the square symbols.
I'll shoot you a file if you still need it.

Then it sounds like you need to change the line endings from CR to CR/LF.

If this solves your problem then please post the solution in the forums thread you originally posted in.

Thanks,

-Kirk<<<

Thanks for the help guys......I set the default IPTC to Microsoft Latin1+Euro and the line ending to CR/LF and it has solved the Square symbol problem from the Enter key......Now I'll have to see if I'm still crashing Corbis' FTP when I upload my files.

I have the the same that it shows a square as a line ending in Adobe Bridge (CS3) on a XP machine.

No matter what encoding I set with PM (Mac Roman or Microsoft Latin1+Euro and/or line ending CR or CR/LF) the square symbol does not disapear. Even it's not really doing harm (as far as I can see) it's just really anoying.

Can you send me a sample file (if it is RAW and you use XMP sidecar files, send the XMP file as well), please?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 11:44:35 AM »
Hi Kirk,

I sent you a sample file (JPEG and NEF+Sidecar) by e-mail. It's rather large (18MB) so I hope you get it.

For your information, metadate were filled in with PM in JPG&RAW pair view.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 12:44:50 PM »
Kirk,

JPEG and XMP sidecar file I could send by e-mail. The NEF (RAW) file seems to be too large.