Author Topic: Unable to upload Nikon RAW (.nef) files from PM 4.5.2 to Photoshelter  (Read 3990 times)

Offline Peter Horrell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.peterhorrell.com
Hi,
I'm currently unable to upload NEF files to photoshelter using PM 4.5.2 with macbook pro, OSX 10.4.10, 1GB RAM.

The process actually uploads a jpg file which is not what is required. I get the same result when I select "Send both RAW + JPG files only" and "RAW only" options in the file uploader window. The images were taken as RAW only.

I am however able to upload the files using the Photoshelter Uploader 2 tool.

Please advise. Thanks.

Peter

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Unable to upload Nikon RAW (.nef) files from PM 4.5.2 to Photoshelter
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 10:25:19 AM »
Peter,

I'm currently unable to upload NEF files to photoshelter using PM 4.5.2 with macbook pro, OSX 10.4.10, 1GB RAM.

The process actually uploads a jpg file which is not what is required. I get the same result when I select "Send both RAW + JPG files only" and "RAW only" options in the file uploader window. The images were taken as RAW only.

Are you getting some sort of error message?

I just tried uploading a NEF from my system and it worked just fine.  I also sent a CR2 file and it went fine too.

-Kirk

Offline Peter Horrell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.peterhorrell.com
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 10:33:21 AM »
Hi Kirk,
There's no error message since it converts the raw file into jpg and uploads the jpg. In the file uploader window, I have "Original Photos" selected.

Peter

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 04:43:06 PM »
Peter,

There's no error message since it converts the raw file into jpg and uploads the jpg. In the file uploader window, I have "Original Photos" selected.

OK, I'll look into it.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 03:16:46 PM »
Peter,

OK, I'll look into it.

We have been able to reproduce the problem and have fixed it in an development build of Photo Mechanic.  You'll see the fix in the next update.  Unfortunately I have no workaround solution for you.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention,

-Kirk