Author Topic: use file date to determine / create folder when inget  (Read 3767 times)

Offline Guidigio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
use file date to determine / create folder when inget
« on: September 09, 2007, 11:27:19 AM »
Hi,

I think a typical newby problem, but with some help:
When I import files (raw) I want the files to be ingested  into a folder, which has as name the date the file was created.
I have my folder structure set up like year/month. This Month folder I can select when ingesting, but what I don't want is first to look into the files to find the creation date and conseqently find out how many files I shot that day.
To put it simple.
Can PM, on ingest, when I give select the 'month' folder as destination: put my files in a existing or new folder which has as name the creation-date of the file.

Thanks,

Guido

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
Re: use file date to determine / create folder when inget
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 03:26:59 PM »
I am not sure I understand your question, but when you use Ingest, ingest to folder with name, you can put whatever variables into the name field you like. Including {year},{datesort}, etc. - and put whatever text or other variables afterwards. I use it to create folders like 20070909_FootballSanMarinoCzechRepublic or whatever you like. The date gets injected from the files automatically (so you may use {datesort}_AfghanistanTrip and it will create folders like 20070701_Afgh... and 20070702_Afgh...  and so on). Hope this helps, Frantisek

Offline Guidigio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: use file date to determine / create folder when inget
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 10:56:56 AM »
Thanks Frantisek.

I managed to set up the ingest in the way I like /want.
Your advise helped me.

regards,
Guido