Author Topic: Strange ingest action.  (Read 5273 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Strange ingest action.
« on: September 10, 2007, 06:14:55 AM »
Kirk,

I've just started ingesting from a HD by ingesting from folders instead of ingesting my cards. What I found interesting is that the ingest progress box doesn't come up. Nothing comes up to tell me how far along the ingest is. If I ingest from a CF all is normal again. I'm on Windows XP pro and PM 4.5.1

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Strange ingest action.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 10:46:59 AM »
Eric,

I've just started ingesting from a HD by ingesting from folders instead of ingesting my cards. What I found interesting is that the ingest progress box doesn't come up. Nothing comes up to tell me how far along the ingest is. If I ingest from a CF all is normal again. I'm on Windows XP pro and PM 4.5.1

Please upgrade to version 4.5.2 and see if that helps.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 01:30:48 PM »
Eric,

I just ingested a folder full of images and the progress dialog did appear for me.

Do you have the Ingest Tasks dialog set to "Always show this dialog when an Ingest starts"?

Also if the Ingest is very short (meaning few files to copy) it is possible that if "Automatically hide this dialog when all tasks complete successfully" is set then you may not have had much opportunity to see the Ingest Tasks dialog at all.

-Kirk

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 05:27:54 PM »
Kirk one correction I am 4.5 not 4.5.1. The ingest status has disappeared entirely now even for CF cards.  I looked in the dialog box that comes up and don't see "Always show this dialog when an Ingest starts"? Where is this located??

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 10:12:01 PM »
Eric,

Kirk one correction I am 4.5 not 4.5.1. The ingest status has disappeared entirely now even for CF cards.  I looked in the dialog box that comes up and don't see "Always show this dialog when an Ingest starts"? Where is this located??

Please upgrade to 4.5.2.  It is free for all 4.5 users.

If you still have a problem after you upgrade then let me know.

-Kirk

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 06:49:19 AM »
Found it in the Window tab. Funny thing is that I didn't turn it off. :)