Author Topic: Code Replacement pad  (Read 3338 times)

Offline Dimitri

• Newcomer
  • Photojournalist and 3D stereo sports photographer
    • View Profile
    • Quebec Press Newsphotos
Code Replacement pad
« on: July 19, 2007, 08:36:53 PM »
First of all, I hats off to whoever thought about implementing the Code Replacement feature in Photo Mechanic. It considerably cut my captioning time on the sidelines by a third - which can make the difference between a photos transmitted or not. Having said this, I would like to make a suggestion for consideration:

In addition to a "Refresh or Reload" button which somebody else suggested, I suggest to have an "enable/disable" checkbox prior to the code replacement files. In this way, code replacement codes will have less of a chance to conflict from different files. Or to be possible to have similar or shorter replacement codes in different files. (and in case of motorsports, just the car number. cool!)

The only way to accomplish this presently, is to actually remove the code replacement files, and leave only one file.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, attached is an edited screenshot of what I'm suggesting!

Cheers,

Dimitri Papadopoulos
Montreal, Canada

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 11:56:00 AM by Dimitri »
Dimitri Papadopoulos
Newswire Photojournalist and 3D stereo sports photographer

Offline runner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Code Replacement pad
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 11:07:42 AM »
I think Dimitri's idea sounds very usefully to, & ought to be quite easy to implement.