Author Topic: downloading raw  (Read 4977 times)

Offline bob donnan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
downloading raw
« on: September 10, 2007, 12:51:13 PM »
If I shoot raw and jpegs and just download the jpegs on deadline, it there a way or could there be a way later to just download the raw images that have been tagged.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: downloading raw
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 03:05:25 PM »
If I shoot raw and jpegs and just download the jpegs on deadline, it there a way or could there be a way later to just download the raw images that have been tagged.

Yes, there is a popup menu in the Ingest dialog that lets you choose to download just the RAW files if you'd like.  Additionally there is a setting that allows you to download only the locked files as well.

-Kirk

Offline bob donnan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 07:42:59 AM »
sorry I wasn't very clear. i understand how to do it if it is tagged in the camera. what would be cool is if the selects (tagged) in photomechanic on the computer could be linked back to the card to download just those raw files.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 08:20:54 AM »
Bob,

sorry I wasn't very clear. i understand how to do it if it is tagged in the camera. what would be cool is if the selects (tagged) in photomechanic on the computer could be linked back to the card to download just those raw files.

OK, now I understand what you're getting at.  Once you have tagged the already downloaded JPEGs, you want to download their RAW counterparts and not download any of the other images at all.

We'll think on that one for a while.  Ingest doesn't know anything about the contact sheet you're currently browsing.  It does know about images that it had previously downloaded but things could get complicated if you have renamed the images or modified them significantly.

-Kirk

Offline bob donnan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 08:32:13 AM »
thanks kirk - i would envision the workflow to not change the camera files until after the raw download. what i do is download the jpegs during the game and then at the end of the game i'd love to just link the photomechanic file to the card and just get the selects. if you shoot raw there is often not time to tag very well in the camera. if i could just pull the raw selects after the game instead of download them all and then throw out 2/3 of them it would save time.