Author Topic: Canon 1ds TIFF raw files  (Read 3980 times)

Offline craigambrosio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Canon 1ds TIFF raw files
« on: September 10, 2007, 04:45:01 PM »
When will Photo Mechanic support Canon 1ds Raw files? PM software is unable to view these files correctly for some reason. These are TIFF raw files that the camera produces. The camera has been out for several years now. I have notified PM about this issue when I first purchased the camera.

Thank you,
Craig

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Canon 1ds TIFF raw files
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 05:24:40 PM »
Craig,

When will Photo Mechanic support Canon 1ds Raw files? PM software is unable to view these files correctly for some reason. These are TIFF raw files that the camera produces. The camera has been out for several years now. I have notified PM about this issue when I first purchased the camera.

The 1Ds TIFF files are really RAW files and only contain a very small preview in them.  The Mac version of Photo Mechanic when running on Mac OS X 10.4.x can render them just fine.  OS level support for Canon 1Ds TIFF files is finally available on Windows Vista.  We will support Vista's rendering of RAW files in the future.

-Kirk

Offline craigambrosio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 05:46:33 PM »
I am running 10.4.10 on m mac with PM 4.4.3.3 and it does not preview the raw files. Do you have any suggestions? I also have a PC computer running XP with the latest PM version and it also cannot view the 1ds raw file.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 07:32:24 PM »
I am running 10.4.10 on m mac with PM 4.4.3.3 and it does not preview the raw files. Do you have any suggestions? I also have a PC computer running XP with the latest PM version and it also cannot view the 1ds raw file.

On your Mac, did you turn on RAW rendering in the RAW tab of the Preferences dialog?

-Kirk