Author Topic: Adding other directory for spell checking  (Read 3997 times)

Offline hjens

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Adding other directory for spell checking
« on: September 13, 2007, 05:14:36 AM »
As I noticed the Polar software was include in PM and I found the Danish directory (and other language too) could be freely be download from:
http://www.polarsoftware.com/download/dictionaries.asp
I try to copy the lex-file to the PM directory folder, but the Danish directory did not show up in the IPTC-preferences in the pull-down list. Then I found a workaround by renaming the .lex file to SpellESP.lex (and remove the write protection of the file in windows too) and then by choosing ESP the spell checking in Danish work great too.  :D

Could this be added to the coming updates – say the pull down list contain the *.lex-files in the directory folder or the list of free download lex-files from the polarsoftware?

Henning.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 05:18:45 AM by hjens »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Adding other directory for spell checking
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 06:32:16 AM »
Henning,

As I noticed the Polar software was include in PM and I found the Danish directory (and other language too) could be freely be download from:
http://www.polarsoftware.com/download/dictionaries.asp
I try to copy the lex-file to the PM directory folder, but the Danish directory did not show up in the IPTC-preferences in the pull-down list. Then I found a workaround by renaming the .lex file to SpellESP.lex (and remove the write protection of the file in windows too) and then by choosing ESP the spell checking in Danish work great too.  :D

Could this be added to the coming updates – say the pull down list contain the *.lex-files in the directory folder or the list of free download lex-files from the polarsoftware?

I see that they now have more dictionaries.  I will download them and include them in the next release.

-Kirk