Author Topic: Moving Images in PM  (Read 3193 times)

Offline theim

• View Profile
Moving Images in PM
« on: September 13, 2007, 12:27:07 PM »
Hi Kirk,

I'm using PM 4.5.2 and was wondering if it would be possible to move an image (or images) from one contact sheet to another via drag and drop to the destination contact sheet tab.

I currently do this by either dragging the image to a folder in the Navigator or by going through the menu steps to File/Copy Photos/Move photos (delete originals), etc. (or by using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Y).  Although the methods currently available work, it is more time-consuming than it would be to just drag the image to the desired contact sheet tab.  This would involve fewer steps and the contact sheet tab is a larger "target" than the folder icons in Navigator, so less chance of moving the image to the wrong folder.

Just a thought.  Perhaps there is a quicker way already available in PM of which I'm unaware.
Thanks again for a fabulous application!

Oh yes, Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2.

Best regards,
Tom Heim

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Moving Images in PM
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 02:09:39 PM »
Tom,

I'm using PM 4.5.2 and was wondering if it would be possible to move an image (or images) from one contact sheet to another via drag and drop to the destination contact sheet tab.

I currently do this by either dragging the image to a folder in the Navigator or by going through the menu steps to File/Copy Photos/Move photos (delete originals), etc. (or by using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Y).  Although the methods currently available work, it is more time-consuming than it would be to just drag the image to the desired contact sheet tab.  This would involve fewer steps and the contact sheet tab is a larger "target" than the folder icons in Navigator, so less chance of moving the image to the wrong folder.

Just a thought.  Perhaps there is a quicker way already available in PM of which I'm unaware.
Thanks again for a fabulous application!

Oh yes, Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2.

Yes, just drag your images onto the tab of the second contact sheet and wait for the contact sheet tab to change, then move your mouse down into the thumbnail area and drop.

Works on Mac OS X too.

-Kirk

Offline theim

• View Profile
Re: Moving Images in PM
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 04:44:30 PM »
Thanks, Kirk.  I didn't think to wait for the view to change to the target contact sheet, then to release the mouse in the image area of the target sheet.

Thanks again!

Tom