Author Topic: Set Rating of Photos  (Read 5879 times)

Offline IanGoldstein

• View Profile
Set Rating of Photos
« on: July 23, 2007, 05:03:02 PM »
For the most part, keyboard commands are fairly consistent throughout Photo Mechanic. We can tag/untag a photo with T and set color class with 0,1-8 in a contact sheet, the preview window or during a slide show. However, for the star rating of a photo, Alt-0...Alt-5 can be used in a contact sheet or the preview window, but it does not workduring a slide show.

Also, while Alt-0...Alt-5 can be used with the preview window to set the star rating, a beep is generated when the key is pressed (at least in the Windows version).

-Ian

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Set Rating of Photos
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 12:34:54 AM »
Hmm, I have set the preferences so that 0-5 set the star rating.  This works with the slideshow as well.
However when I want to set the colour class with CTRL 0-8, this doesn't work (in fact it also seems to set the rating).  I guess the modifier key (ALT or CTRL) is ignored...

This is with 4.5.1.1 under Windows XP
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline IanGoldstein

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 01:07:46 PM »
Is this something that has been looked at? It definitely appears that PM ignores the ALT and CTRL keys during a slideshow.

-Ian

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 01:16:31 PM »
Ian,

Is this something that has been looked at? It definitely appears that PM ignores the ALT and CTRL keys during a slideshow.

Ratings keyboard shortcuts for the Slide show do not exist.  It will have to wait until the Slide show is overhauled.

-Kirk