Author Topic: Color class labels in Capture NX 1.1  (Read 3713 times)

Offline bobcat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Color class labels in Capture NX 1.1
« on: September 18, 2007, 01:00:10 PM »
Is there a way to recognize color class labels that are created in PM, when viewing in Capture NX? (version 1.1 Mac OS X)
Thanks,
Bruce

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Color class labels in Capture NX 1.1
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 02:32:54 PM »
Bruce,

Is there a way to recognize color class labels that are created in PM, when viewing in Capture NX? (version 1.1 Mac OS X)

I don't think Capture NX has any color label feature.

-Kirk

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 03:46:58 PM »
Kirk, Bruce,

Capture NX has a feature called labels (0-9) with fixed colors assigned to them (you can rename them though, but not change the color AFAIK), but I guess it's completely different from what PM or Adobe uses and/or writes the label information into a totally different field.

The newly released Nikon ViewNX (free download) supposendly has the same rating feature (0-9 with fixed colors attached), but should be compatible with Adobe Bridge (and therefore PM). But as I found, even with Nikon ViewNX it creates problem as some label changes in PM are not recognized by ViewNX (and vica versa). And even ViewNX is not compatible with Capture NX. But the star rating in View NX seems to work fine though.

There is an supposed update comming for Capture NX with the new cameras they release, and it's to hope they change this flaw.

Offline bobcat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 06:14:45 PM »
Thanks JH.  You just saved me a lot of time.

Offline RobertE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 04:21:26 PM »
Hi,

Nikon ViewNX 1 is a good proof of concept but contains too many bugs. Adobe and iView do pick up the new XMP ratings but it's a one way street. The fact Nikon now supports XMP is probably more exciting than ViewNX itself.

-- Robert.