Author Topic: Burn Photos to Disk questions  (Read 3543 times)

Offline william

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Burn Photos to Disk questions
« on: September 18, 2007, 04:23:29 PM »
I have a folder called, for example, "2007 contest pictures" and inside that folder are three folders called "sports", "news", and "features"

Is there a way with the Burn Photos to Disk command to select the "2007 contest pictures" and have PM burn everything inside the three folders?

In other words, can I select a parent directory that has sub folders and have PM burn everything inside the subfolders? Or can I only get the Burn Photos to Disk command to become active when I have pictures highlighted?

Hope this makes sense.

William

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Burn Photos to Disk questions
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 05:18:33 PM »
William,

I have a folder called, for example, "2007 contest pictures" and inside that folder are three folders called "sports", "news", and "features"

Is there a way with the Burn Photos to Disk command to select the "2007 contest pictures" and have PM burn everything inside the three folders?

In other words, can I select a parent directory that has sub folders and have PM burn everything inside the subfolders? Or can I only get the Burn Photos to Disk command to become active when I have pictures highlighted?

The burn photos feature does indeed operate on the selected photos, so all you need to do is open all three folders ("sports", "news", and "features") into a single contact sheet tab.  Then select the photos and burn them.

To open multiple folders into a single contact sheet tab, use the Navigator contextual menu to open each folder into the same contact sheet.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline william

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 06:21:40 AM »
Kirk,

When burned like this, will the folder heirarchy be burned on the CD or will all the images be combined into one big group?

Thanks

William

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 06:52:07 AM »
William,

When burned like this, will the folder heirarchy be burned on the CD or will all the images be combined into one big group?

That is up to you.  You can tell the dialog to preserve up to two levels of directory hierarchy, or you can have it flatten the hierarchy.  If you flatten the hierarchy then renaming may be need to be done by the disc burning feature.

I recommend that if you have opened several folders into a contact sheet that you preserve at least one folder level.

-Kirk