Author Topic: Stalling while Copy w/ Rename option  (Read 5388 times)

Offline xexen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Stalling while Copy w/ Rename option
« on: September 19, 2007, 03:25:56 PM »
One of my photographers is having an issue with Photo Mechanic v4.5.2 for Mac(Powerbook 1.67Ghz PPC 1GB RAM) when he selects all the photo's on his CF card and uses the copy with rename function, the progress bar freezes as does the copying. Sometimes he has to force quit. I don't really have much more information than that. It doesn't happen all the time but it is happening more frequently. I thought maybe it was maybe a problem with CF card or reader. But it has also happened with pictures on the local Hard Drive. I had him remove the ~/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.plist file but didn't correct the issue.

Any help I can get with this situation is appreciated.  Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Stalling while Copy w/ Rename option
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 03:30:24 PM »
One of my photographers is having an issue with Photo Mechanic v4.5.2 for Mac(Powerbook 1.67Ghz PPC 1GB RAM) when he selects all the photo's on his CF card and uses the copy with rename function, the progress bar freezes as does the copying. Sometimes he has to force quit. I don't really have much more information than that. It doesn't happen all the time but it is happening more frequently. I thought maybe it was maybe a problem with CF card or reader. But it has also happened with pictures on the local Hard Drive. I had him remove the ~/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.plist file but didn't correct the issue.

Any help I can get with this situation is appreciated.  Thanks

The next time this happens, can you open up the Console application and look in the console.log and system.log for messages that pertain to Photo Mechanic?  There may be some information in there.  The Console application is in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder on your Mac OS X systems.

Also, what version of Mac OS X is the photographer running?

-Kirk

Offline xexen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 08:58:25 AM »
I have given the photographer another powerbook with the same specs. It has a fresh OS load. We have tried different card readers, different cards, different cards with pictures from different cameras. I have used 4.4.3.1 and 4.5.2 and both versions still have the problem  from my previous post. There is nothing in the console log pertaining to Photo Mechanic. The only weird thing I noticed was that the last few lines said "Could not find application for bundle ID: com.apple.iPhoto". I photo has never been installed on this system. I noticed in the forums you have a debug build of Photo Mechanic. Maybe that might gather some more information to diagnose the problems?

Offline xexen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 09:07:15 AM »
Mac OS X 10.4.10

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 10:47:21 AM »
I have given the photographer another powerbook with the same specs. It has a fresh OS load. We have tried different card readers, different cards, different cards with pictures from different cameras. I have used 4.4.3.1 and 4.5.2 and both versions still have the problem  from my previous post. There is nothing in the console log pertaining to Photo Mechanic. The only weird thing I noticed was that the last few lines said "Could not find application for bundle ID: com.apple.iPhoto". I photo has never been installed on this system. I noticed in the forums you have a debug build of Photo Mechanic. Maybe that might gather some more information to diagnose the problems?

Sure.  Click on my name to the left of this message and send me a "personal message".  I'll respond with a link to the test version.

-Kirk