Author Topic: PM User / Client variables to match up with PS CS2 IPTC Contact fields?  (Read 5577 times)

Offline mikael

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • mikaelkjellstrom.com
I like the new User/Client dialog and variables in PM but they seem not to be the standard XMP format so they won't show up in PS CS2 IPTC Contact field.  Am I doing anything wrong or are they not linked?

I read the XMP Schema "IPTC Core"  V 1.00: Value type "ContactInfo" documentations found at iptc.org and was curious if that is the same fields as the PM User info?  If not, will it be implemented?

...Mikael

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I like the new User/Client dialog and variables in PM but they seem not to be the standard XMP format so they won't show up in PS CS2 IPTC Contact field.  Am I doing anything wrong or are they not linked?

They are variables which means they can be used anywhere any other variables can be used.  They are not linked to any particular format or data type.

Quote from: mikael
I read the XMP Schema "IPTC Core"  V 1.00: Value type "ContactInfo" documentations found at iptc.org and was curious if that is the same fields as the PM User info?  If not, will it be implemented?

Yes, I plan to implement new IPTC dialogs that will add things like Contact and Location fields.

-Kirk