Author Topic: presetting a pre and post for the caption  (Read 4818 times)

Offline Ziggy487

• View Profile
presetting a pre and post for the caption
« on: September 20, 2007, 07:08:33 PM »
Hope I write this so it makes sense.  I am not sure of others, but I usually have a standard beginning and ending to my captions in the IPTC caption field.  Personally would love to see a way to set a header and footer.  So that all I have to deal with is the specific caption for the image.  Other then that, it works wonderfully.

Chris :D

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: presetting a pre and post for the caption
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 07:53:45 PM »
Chris,

Hope I write this so it makes sense.  I am not sure of others, but I usually have a standard beginning and ending to my captions in the IPTC caption field.  Personally would love to see a way to set a header and footer.  So that all I have to deal with is the specific caption for the image.  Other then that, it works wonderfully.

OK, so start off with an IPTC Stationery Pad's Caption field set to be your header text.  Then apply it to all of your photos.  Then add individual caption info for each photo using the IPTC Info dialog.  Then follow it up with the IPTC Stationery Pad's Caption field set to your footer text (put a space or a newline in at the beginning) and set the '+' (append) checkbox.  Then apply it to all of your photos.

That should get you the result you're after.

HTH,

-Kirk