Author Topic: Tips on batch watermarks  (Read 6076 times)

Offline NeilR

• View Profile
Tips on batch watermarks
« on: September 20, 2007, 07:17:37 AM »
I'm new here, going through the demo and trying to apply it to my work flow.

I am new to adding watermarks in a batch mode.  Previously I used PS's text tool and choose an appropriate text color for the content of each image.  I am unsure of the best method to assure a readable watermark on all the images.  For example, if I use black text, it will not be visible if placed in an area of predominately dark or black pixels.  Same for any other color.

Surely I'm not the only one with this problem  ???

Thanks,
Neil

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Tips on batch watermarks
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 07:33:42 AM »
Hi Neil, no you're not the only one  :D

What I do is use the default (white) text, slide the opacity somewhat to the right, and add a drop-shadow.  This works great and keeps the text readable no matter what the background colour.

Note: I also specified a fixed height to keep the text always the same size no matter what the orientation of the image.

Hope this helps.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline NeilR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 08:10:32 AM »
Thanks, Hayo.  I tried white text w/drop shadow on an image with a  white wedding dress-like gown and I think it may do the trick.

This is a very nice app, although a bit expensive for an amateur.  No different than Nikon glass and bodies, I guess...

Regards,
Neil
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 08:12:15 AM by NeilR »

Offline NeilR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 08:24:10 AM »
Quick question on keyboard shortcuts; I hate to open a new thread for every silly question...

The V4 manual currently available as a download, on page 100 suggest a right click on a blank area of the toolbar should bring up an options dialog.  I don't get any response from a right click.  I am using Win XP SP2.

Some of the published shortcuts on page 101-102 do not seem to work.  For example, Ctl + N does not create a new Contact Sheet.  I think there are others but I have not made a list.  Am I correct that the quatrafoil-like icon displayed on the shortcut list is the Control key for the Win version?

Regards,
Neil

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 08:52:10 AM »
Neil,

Quick question on keyboard shortcuts; I hate to open a new thread for every silly question...

The V4 manual currently available as a download, on page 100 suggest a right click on a blank area of the toolbar should bring up an options dialog.  I don't get any response from a right click.  I am using Win XP SP2.

Some of the published shortcuts on page 101-102 do not seem to work.  For example, Ctl + N does not create a new Contact Sheet.  I think there are others but I have not made a list.  Am I correct that the quatrafoil-like icon displayed on the shortcut list is the Control key for the Win version?

The manual is Mac-specific but in general things work the same on the Windows version.  The 4.5 manual will be available for both platforms.

-Kirk

P.S. It is better to go ahead and create a new thread since it is easier for other users to find answers by looking at subject titles.

Offline NeilR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 08:57:14 AM »
Fair enough, I will create a new thread because I still have some questions about your answer  :)