Author Topic: Keyboard Shortcuts using Win XP  (Read 4818 times)

Offline NeilR

• View Profile
Keyboard Shortcuts using Win XP
« on: September 20, 2007, 08:59:47 AM »
Quick question on keyboard shortcuts;
The V4 manual currently available as a download, on page 100 suggest a right click on a blank area of the toolbar should bring up an options dialog.  I don't get any response from a right click.  I am using Win XP SP2.  Is this effective on the Win platform?

Some of the published shortcuts on page 101-102 do not seem to work.  For example, Ctl + N does not create a new Contact Sheet.  I think there are others but I have not made a list.  Am I correct that the quatrofoil-like icon displayed on the shortcut list is the Control key for the Win version?  Should Ctl-N work?

(Kirk- neither question was directly answered in that other thread...)

Regards,
Neil

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Keyboard Shortcuts using Win XP
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 10:36:11 AM »
Neil,

Quick question on keyboard shortcuts;
The V4 manual currently available as a download, on page 100 suggest a right click on a blank area of the toolbar should bring up an options dialog.  I don't get any response from a right click.  I am using Win XP SP2.  Is this effective on the Win platform?

No.  The toolbar on the Windows version is not customizable.

Quote from: NeilR
Some of the published shortcuts on page 101-102 do not seem to work.  For example, Ctl + N does not create a new Contact Sheet.  I think there are others but I have not made a list.  Am I correct that the quatrofoil-like icon displayed on the shortcut list is the Control key for the Win version?  Should Ctl-N work?

There is no Ctrl-N shortcut on the Windows version.  Ctrl-O will bring up a folder picker dialog which will open a contact sheet at the folder you choose.  Other ways to open contact sheets on Windows would be to double-click a folder in the Navigator or Favorites (if you've added any folders to your Favorites), or you can open folders from Windows Explorer from its context menu or via drag and drop onto Photo Mechanic.

You can (in general) see the keyboard shortcuts by perusing the menus in the Photo Mechanic application.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline NeilR

• View Profile
Re: Keyboard Shortcuts using Win XP
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 11:16:44 AM »
Thanks, Kirk.  I know how to open contact sheets.  I'm trying to use the manual to educate myself and I see that there will be some ambiguities.  Just getting a sanity check here.

Aside from that, things are going very well.  I installed the app last night and actually reviewed and culled about 1800 images.  I could not do that with any other browser I am using.  My hat is off to you; I see who this for and although I am far from a working pro I have never been able to properly review and cull my images.

Regards,
Neil