Author Topic: How do i open a photo In PS Cs3; Also, Bridge affected by PM.  (Read 4665 times)

Offline mbanstendig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How do i open a photo In PS Cs3; Also, Bridge affected by PM.
« on: September 25, 2007, 05:37:54 PM »
i couldn't find a search result in the help menus telling me how to open a photo in PS Cs3.

So how do I open a photo, chosen in PM, in PS Cs3?

Also:

I scanned some photos and viewed them in PM. I them rotated many of them 90° or 180° in PM. I then copied the folder to another computer and launched Adobe bridge CS3. In bridge, the photos did not appear rotated. But the option to rotate them was grayed out. Then I launched Pm and checked the same folder and the photos appeared rotated.

What is going on? And how can I get them to rotate in bridge?

Thanks,

Mark B Anstendig
915 Fulton Street
San Francisco, CA 94117
415-775-3575
mba@anstendig.com
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 05:41:38 PM by mbanstendig »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How do i open a photo In PS Cs3; Also, Bridge affected by PM.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 06:10:45 PM »
So how do I open a photo, chosen in PM, in PS Cs3?

You need to choose Photoshop as an editor in Photo Mechanic:

Open the Preferences dialog.  Click on the Launching tab.
Click on the "Assign default application:" radio button.  Then click on the "Choose..." button on the right side.  Use the dialog that appears to find and choose your installed copy of Photoshop.

Then OK the Preferences dialog.

Now to edit photos with Photoshop, select a photo and choose "Edit Photos" from the Image menu.  (You can also type Command-E if you want.)

Quote from: mbanstendig
I scanned some photos and viewed them in PM. I them rotated many of them 90° or 180° in PM. I then copied the folder to another computer and launched Adobe bridge CS3. In bridge, the photos did not appear rotated. But the option to rotate them was grayed out. Then I launched Pm and checked the same folder and the photos appeared rotated.

What is going on? And how can I get them to rotate in bridge?

I can't tell from your description.  What is the file type of your scanned images?

-Kirk

Offline mbanstendig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 12:12:10 PM »
Thanks a lot.

All of that was checked.

You might want to add a simple "edit" button to launch a pohoto in the editing ap of choice. After Bridge's simple double-click, I simple didn't think of searching for edit pull-downs at the bottom of lists.

As far as rotating the photos, when I copied them over to the present drive, I copied the whole folder in which they resided. I just tried copying just the photos themselves into a new folder on the target drive, and the few i did so far worked, with full rotation in Bridge.

So I am now copying the rest that way right now. I will wait until that is finished and tried out before sending this.

It finished and it works.

Odd!

But now i know how.

thanks,

Mark

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 12:48:26 PM »
Mark,

Thanks a lot.

All of that was checked.

You might want to add a simple "edit" button to launch a pohoto in the editing ap of choice. After Bridge's simple double-click, I simple didn't think of searching for edit pull-downs at the bottom of lists.

You can setup Photo Mechanic to make a double-click on a photo launch it into your editor.  Open Preferences, click on the Preview tab.  Look for the "Edit/Preview" box on the right.  Select the radio button: "Double-click edits, Option-double-click previews".  Click the OK button.

That will set it up to do as you wished.

-Kirk