Author Topic: List View and IPTC Data  (Read 4450 times)

Offline subdiv_net

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
List View and IPTC Data
« on: September 11, 2014, 03:13:17 PM »
Unless I am missing something, you can not view the IPTC data for an image without pushing the "I" key to open another window? Then it's one at a a time? Why wouldn't this be in the preview window with the Exif data?

Why not a View by List? Then you could choose the IPTC data you want to view. that way we could quickly check to see if the whole job correct or not.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: List View and IPTC Data
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 03:34:18 PM »
Unless I am missing something, you can not view the IPTC data for an image without pushing the "I" key to open another window? Then it's one at a a time? Why wouldn't this be in the preview window with the Exif data?

You can customize the Info Text and put any of the many {variables} to show the information you want to see.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Info_Variable

-Kirk

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 02:09:06 AM »
A "List View" is a very desirable feature, especially if it can be customised with variables and has a small thumbnail at the beginning.

Is it feasible for a future release?

Offline fabianlujan

• sports photographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 06:46:05 AM »
I like this feature too.
Apart from the Info Text option, a list view is good.
Sometimes I miss tagging an image and by having a list with the info displayed, just by scrolling, I can see which one I left empty.
Thanks!