Author Topic: Generate Finder Icons in Save As Dialog Box  (Read 4720 times)

Offline Todd Smith

• Newcomer
  • I love Photo Mechanic!
    • View Profile
    • Fine Art Photography
Generate Finder Icons in Save As Dialog Box
« on: September 25, 2007, 03:24:01 PM »
I would love to have a feature added to the Save As dialog box:  Generate Finder Icons.  I use the Save As feature to convert 16-bit TIF files to 8-bit JPG files and the only step that I miss is being able to generate Finder Icons for the files as I export them.  As a separate step, I have to open the newly created JPG files in Photo Mechanic, and choose Tools > Generate Finder Icons.  If this was integrated into the Save As dialog box, it would save me a step.  Thanks.
Todd Smith Photography
P.O. Box 1802
Oroville, WA 98844
509-340-3505
http://www.toddsmithphotography.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Generate Finder Icons in Save As Dialog Box
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 07:45:40 AM »
Todd,

I would love to have a feature added to the Save As dialog box:  Generate Finder Icons.  I use the Save As feature to convert 16-bit TIF files to 8-bit JPG files and the only step that I miss is being able to generate Finder Icons for the files as I export them.  As a separate step, I have to open the newly created JPG files in Photo Mechanic, and choose Tools > Generate Finder Icons.  If this was integrated into the Save As dialog box, it would save me a step.  Thanks.

All you need to do is turn on the "Create Finder icons during copy, ingest, or save as" checkbox in the Preferences dialog on the Files tab to allow the generation of icons when copying or saving photos.

-Kirk