Author Topic: Keywords change to lowercase?  (Read 6131 times)

Offline rolfo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Keywords change to lowercase?
« on: December 12, 2007, 02:47:35 AM »
Is there a possibility to change the keywords from uppercase to lowercase with the help of photomechanic?
Thanks in advance Smiley
rolfo

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Keywords change to lowercase?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 06:30:46 AM »
rolfo,

Is there a possibility to change the keywords from uppercase to lowercase with the help of photomechanic?

Yes, you can do the following:

{keywords:lc}

Which should convert all characters to lowercase.  You can put that in the Keywords field of the IPTC Stationery Pad dialog and apply the IPTC Stationery Pad to your photos.  If you want to see the results before you make such a change, put {keywords:lc} into some unused IPTC field instead and then apply the IPTC Stationery Pad and then view the changes with the IPTC Info dialog.

You'll need at least version 4.5.2 of Photo Mechanic for this feature to exist.

-Kirk

Offline rolfo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 08:28:47 AM »
Hi Kirk,
thanks for the quick answer. If it would work like you described it would be simply fantastic the perfect solution for my task.
But unfortunately it doesn't.
Depending on the checkboxes at the keywordfield (IPTC Stationary Pad) it either deletes all existing keywords and writes {keywords:lc} or it simply adds {keywords:lc} as a keyword or does nothing at all (if none checkbox is checked).
I'm currently using 4.5.3 beta 4 on Windows XP prof.
Best Regards
rolfo

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 10:13:16 AM »
Rolfo,

thanks for the quick answer. If it would work like you described it would be simply fantastic the perfect solution for my task.
But unfortunately it doesn't.
Depending on the checkboxes at the keywordfield (IPTC Stationary Pad) it either deletes all existing keywords and writes {keywords:lc} or it simply adds {keywords:lc} as a keyword or does nothing at all (if none checkbox is checked).
I'm currently using 4.5.3 beta 4 on Windows XP prof.

You'll have to use my second suggestion and use an unused field to temporarily hold the lowercased keywords.  For instance, let's use the Edit Status field.  In the Edit Status field, enter {keywords:lc} and uncheck all other Apply checkboxes.  Then apply the IPTC Stationery Pad.  Now the Edit Status field will have your lowercased keywords.  Next uncheck the Edit Status Apply checkbox and enter {editstatus} in the Keywords field and apply the IPTC Stationery Pad.  Now your lowercased keywords will be in the Keywords field.  As a last step you may want to clear out the Edit Status field.  To do this, uncheck the Keywords Apply checkbox, clear out the Edit Status text field and apply the IPTC Stationery Pad.

That's more steps than I would like, but it should work.

-Kirk