Author Topic: Live Slideshow not working with Nikon NEF images  (Read 4594 times)

Offline Johnny Johansson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Live Slideshow not working with Nikon NEF images
« on: September 23, 2007, 12:54:56 PM »
The Live Slide show seems like a great feature, but it does not seem to work with Nikon NEF images. It does work with jpegs.

I am using a D2X with a WT-2 wireless network thingy which will use FTP to transfer images to my computer. On the computer, I use the Filezilla Server FTP-server. If I have the camera set to shoot jpeg the Live Slide Show works as expected, but if I switch to NEF (which is what I normally use), the Slide show does not display any new images. If I switch the camera back to jpeg, the new jpegs will be displayed, but the NEF:s will not.

I am using PM 4.5.2 on Windows Vista 64-bit

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Live Slideshow not working with Nikon NEF images
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 01:12:33 PM »
The Live Slide show seems like a great feature, but it does not seem to work with Nikon NEF images. It does work with jpegs.

I am using a D2X with a WT-2 wireless network thingy which will use FTP to transfer images to my computer. On the computer, I use the Filezilla Server FTP-server. If I have the camera set to shoot jpeg the Live Slide Show works as expected, but if I switch to NEF (which is what I normally use), the Slide show does not display any new images. If I switch the camera back to jpeg, the new jpegs will be displayed, but the NEF:s will not.

I am using PM 4.5.2 on Windows Vista 64-bit

What happens if you browse the folder with PM after you're done transferring your images?  Do the NEFs show up fine?

-Kirk

Offline Johnny Johansson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 01:20:53 PM »
Yes, when browsing the folder after the Live Slide Show has been terminated, the NEFs are displayed as expected.

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 09:42:14 AM »
I have the same issue with the NEFs.
When tethered...
Marc
Marc

Offline Johnny Johansson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 12:11:40 PM »
I have been able to verify that this problem has been fixed for the 4.5.3 release.

Thanks for the great support!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 01:42:25 PM by Kirk Baker »