Author Topic: PM always opens on laptop screen  (Read 3824 times)

Offline jimb

• View Profile
PM always opens on laptop screen
« on: September 27, 2007, 08:55:06 AM »
Running PM 4.5.2 on a MacBook Pro....

I have a 20" LCD attached as a 2nd display (1680x1050 on the left) to my MacBook Pro laptop (1440x900 on the right). I have opened PM, moved it to the larger 2nd display and resized and configured it for that display. When I shut down and restart PM, it always opens on the smaller laptop display. But it opens at the remembered size of the larger display, so the right side of PM is "off the screen". Obviously, it's a major pain to relocate PM every time it starts up. Other applications (Lightroom, iPhoto, Safari, Mail, likely more) always start up on the display they were on when they were shutdown. Shouldn't PM do the same? Do I have some preference set incorrectly?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM always opens on laptop screen
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 10:20:08 AM »
Running PM 4.5.2 on a MacBook Pro....

I have a 20" LCD attached as a 2nd display (1680x1050 on the left) to my MacBook Pro laptop (1440x900 on the right). I have opened PM, moved it to the larger 2nd display and resized and configured it for that display. When I shut down and restart PM, it always opens on the smaller laptop display. But it opens at the remembered size of the larger display, so the right side of PM is "off the screen". Obviously, it's a major pain to relocate PM every time it starts up. Other applications (Lightroom, iPhoto, Safari, Mail, likely more) always start up on the display they were on when they were shutdown. Shouldn't PM do the same? Do I have some preference set incorrectly?

No, but I can tell you that I have fixed this issue in the upcoming 4.5.3 update.

-Kirk