Author Topic: Keyword separators to retain hierarchy?  (Read 3539 times)

Offline tourist

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Keyword separators to retain hierarchy?
« on: October 02, 2007, 04:52:30 PM »
I want to use PM to ingest, cull, rate and keyword my images.  After these steps I use Lightroom to import the images.  The problem is that when I import into Lightroom the keywords get flattened and I would rather retain the hierarchy.  With the latest versions of Lightroom (and Bridge) there is now support for importing and exporting keyword hierarchies by use of a keyword separator.   In Lightroom and/or Bridge you can use either the '.' ,  '/', '\' or the '|' symbols.  The default for the Adobe apps is the '|'.

Would it be possible to add the ability for PM to write out the keywords with a hierarchical separator? 

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Keyword separators to retain hierarchy?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 04:55:51 PM »
I want to use PM to ingest, cull, rate and keyword my images.  After these steps I use Lightroom to import the images.  The problem is that when I import into Lightroom the keywords get flattened and I would rather retain the hierarchy.  With the latest versions of Lightroom (and Bridge) there is now support for importing and exporting keyword hierarchies by use of a keyword separator.   In Lightroom and/or Bridge you can use either the '.' ,  '/', '\' or the '|' symbols.  The default for the Adobe apps is the '|'.

Would it be possible to add the ability for PM to write out the keywords with a hierarchical separator? 

Can you give me an example of how this would look with the separators in place, and also show the specific hierarchy separately?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline tourist

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 09:19:12 PM »

Can you give me an example of how this would look with the separators in place, and also show the specific hierarchy separately?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Sorry for the delay in responding to this, I got busy and forgot all about it. 

I am not sure what you are asking for here, do you want a sample xmp file?  Or?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 11:14:04 PM »

Sorry for the delay in responding to this, I got busy and forgot all about it. 

I am not sure what you are asking for here, do you want a sample xmp file?  Or?

A screenshot of what the keywords field looks like when more than one hierarchical keyword list has been added.

Thanks,

-Kirk