Author Topic: Preview window closes on edit  (Read 2651 times)

Offline NeilR

• View Profile
Preview window closes on edit
« on: October 04, 2007, 03:56:40 AM »
When I am working a Preview window and open an image for editing (using Capture for example), the Preview window closes.  Why do you do that?  I am trying to do a workflow where I advance through the Preview window's film strip, editing as necessary.  Each time I edit an image I have to reopen the Preview when I return to PM.  After working a dozen images I get aggravated and think about posting something like this  :D

This is very similar to Capture's very bad habit of closing it's browse window with each edit.  One of the reasons I am considering spending some serious money on this app is to avoid all these Nikonisms.  Here I can't do that.

Neil

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Preview window closes on edit
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 06:52:10 AM »
Neil,

When I am working a Preview window and open an image for editing (using Capture for example), the Preview window closes.  Why do you do that?  I am trying to do a workflow where I advance through the Preview window's film strip, editing as necessary.  Each time I edit an image I have to reopen the Preview when I return to PM.  After working a dozen images I get aggravated and think about posting something like this  :D

This is very similar to Capture's very bad habit of closing it's browse window with each edit.  One of the reasons I am considering spending some serious money on this app is to avoid all these Nikonisms.  Here I can't do that.

It is done on purpose because the Preview window is in fact a modal-dialog which we can't leave running around when you switch out of PM.  How about just marking your images with a tag or color class and then once you've evaluated them all, select tagged and then edit them all at once from the Contact Sheet?

-Kirk

Offline NeilR

• View Profile
Re: Preview window closes on edit
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 07:08:19 AM »
I already have the tags set for other reasons, plus color classes and ratings.  I'm there, I'm looking at the image and that's the right time to edit.

I can Alt-Tab to NX if it is already open, and then Alt-Tab back to preview, so I guess your modal problem doesn't make sense.  I'm sure you have your reasons, but it is very disruptive to the work flow.