Author Topic: Contact Sheet Tabs - Confusion with similar folder names  (Read 4656 times)

Offline NeilR

• View Profile
Contact Sheet Tabs - Confusion with similar folder names
« on: October 04, 2007, 03:01:02 AM »
I currently use a folder structure something like this:

<event>
     NEF Best
     NEF Raw
     JPG Full
     JPG Web

All my 2nd level folders have similar names (e.g. JPG Full) and I think this is a very commonly used workflow.  Sometimes I do strange things, but not here  :)

After selecting a couple of different "JPG Full" folders to display in their own contact sheets, I end up with many multiple iterations of the same tab name, which gets very confusing.  I think a simple solution would be to add a preference option to display a popup tooltip balloon with the full path so I can see the top level folder name.

An option to display the full path in the tab name might be helpful to some.   In my case, the path strings would probably be too long and unwieldy to be used as tab names, hence the tooltip idea.

Neil

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Contact Sheet Tabs - Confusion with similar folder names
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 04:05:22 AM »
Not that I follow your workflow  ;), but I too sometimes end up with similarly named contact sheets.  A tooltip showing the full path would certainly be helpful in this case.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
Re: Contact Sheet Tabs - Confusion with similar folder names
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 07:08:33 AM »
Not that I follow your workflow  ;), but I too sometimes end up with similarly named contact sheets.  A tooltip showing the full path would certainly be helpful in this case.

Agreed, this would be an excellent option....
I would also like to be asked if this will be a new or replacement sheet (still keeping the option to have it be an automatic option).
Marc
Marc