Author Topic: IPTC Feature Request  (Read 5379 times)

Offline amdaddio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Daddio Photography
IPTC Feature Request
« on: October 06, 2007, 11:49:18 AM »
Hi Kirk,
I have a request for a new feature in the IPTC Stationary pad; would it be possible to add 2 buttons, a "Check ALL" and an "Uncheck ALL?" Frequently I am going back to add individualized information to a shot (additional captioning, headline, keywords, etc.) to include further identifying or custom info... when doing this fine tuning, I am having to go back and manually Uncheck all the boxes that are not relevant. Then, the next time I go to use the IPTC Pad, I must manually recheck all of the necessary boxes... would it be possible to just add two buttons so that all the items could be checked or unchecked in one swipe and then just those boxes that are pertinent or unnecessary could be toggled on or off... I would find this to be a huge time saver, rather than applying presets that then need to be further modified, unless there is some short cut that I am overlooking... I look forward to hearing back from you.
Thanks!
Andy

Offline NeilR

• View Profile
Re: IPTC Feature Request
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 12:18:12 PM »
I think I solved the problem you have, and maybe more efficiently, by creating a couple of different stationary pad snapshots.  One snapshot is called "Basic" and has all the standard boilerplate items checked and filled in, such as copyright data.  Another snapshot is called "Captions", and just has Captions checked.  Another is called "Keywords" and has Keywords checked and that all important "Append" checkbox checked.  For me, that is better than a standard global Check/Uncheck but maybe you are doing something different....