Author Topic: Can't reset default editor to Photoshop  (Read 4135 times)

Offline malakiephoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Can't reset default editor to Photoshop
« on: October 08, 2007, 12:54:52 PM »
I had Photoshop 5.5 as my default editor. When installing software for a new printer I installed Jasc Paint Shop and that seemed to become the default editor. I uninstalled Jasc and now when I do Ctrl E from PhotoMechanic, the photo opens in Windows Picture & Fax Viewer.
I've gone to Edit/Preferences/Launching in PM but can't figure out how to set the default editor. I click on "Assign default application" and Set. I get a list of file types. I highlight .JPG and click on Choose, but cannot browse to Photoshop, and the only choice in the "Files of type" dropdown menu is .exe.
Thank you.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can't reset default editor to Photoshop
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 01:04:25 PM »
I had Photoshop 5.5 as my default editor. When installing software for a new printer I installed Jasc Paint Shop and that seemed to become the default editor. I uninstalled Jasc and now when I do Ctrl E from PhotoMechanic, the photo opens in Windows Picture & Fax Viewer.
I've gone to Edit/Preferences/Launching in PM but can't figure out how to set the default editor. I click on "Assign default application" and Set. I get a list of file types. I highlight .JPG and click on Choose, but cannot browse to Photoshop, and the only choice in the "Files of type" dropdown menu is .exe.

Photoshop is an .exe file.  Are you sure you are navigating to the location of Photoshop on your system?  You need to choose Photoshop.exe, and not a JPEG file.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline malakiephoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Can't reset default editor to Photoshop
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 02:55:12 PM »
Got it fixed. I couldn't browse to Photoshop when it was only in the Start Menu and on the Taskbar icons. When I added a Shortcut on the Desktop, I could browse to it there. Thanks.