Author Topic: Copying and playing sound files attached to pics  (Read 3574 times)

Offline sdergar

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Copying and playing sound files attached to pics
« on: October 07, 2007, 08:48:50 AM »
Is there a way to ingest and play, when viewing pictures, associated sound files.  I believe they are wav files.  I should just try it however I find in these forums that there are usually more than one way to do things and everyone is so helpfull.  Thanks...

Steven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Copying and playing sound files attached to pics
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 09:04:16 AM »
Steven,

Is there a way to ingest and play, when viewing pictures, associated sound files.  I believe they are wav files.  I should just try it however I find in these forums that there are usually more than one way to do things and everyone is so helpfull.

Once your images are Ingested, you'll see a speaker icon on the thumbnails (and previews if you're in the Preview window) which you can click on to play back the sound.  The 'A' or 'a' key will also start and stop the sound playback.  You can also play the sounds from the IPTC Info dialog.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Copying and playing sound files attached to pics
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 03:09:19 PM »
Maybe a "Copy audio files" option would be nice to have in the extract preview option since I usually use the extracted previews for carrying around, doing basic selections tagging, captioning, cropping for web usage....but often forget to copy the WAVs separately. So it would help if PM would help me out there.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com