Author Topic: Ingest: automatically copy into different folders by date  (Read 4663 times)

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
Ingest: automatically copy into different folders by date
« on: October 07, 2007, 03:00:31 PM »
Kirk,

Let's say I want to ingest 2 cards today, card 1 with pictures taken on 10/3 and 10/4, card 2 with pictures taken on 10/4 and 10/5. I want to ingest into a folder named 'Project 1' (which I would create manually), but underneath have subfolders based on the date the picture was taken.

Is there a way that PM ingest automatically into the 'Project 1' folder, but while ingesting card 1 it would create the 071003 folder (and only ingest pictures taken on that date), and then create folder 071004 and ingest pictures taken at that date. For card 2, I would point ingest again to the 'Project 1' folder, and then it would ingest the pictures taken on 10/4 into the already existing folder 071004, but create a new folder 071005 for the remainder.

Hope you understand what I mean and can help me.

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest: automatically copy into different folders by date
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 03:57:59 PM »
Archer,

Let's say I want to ingest 2 cards today, card 1 with pictures taken on 10/3 and 10/4, card 2 with pictures taken on 10/4 and 10/5. I want to ingest into a folder named 'Project 1' (which I would create manually), but underneath have subfolders based on the date the picture was taken.

Is there a way that PM ingest automatically into the 'Project 1' folder, but while ingesting card 1 it would create the 071003 folder (and only ingest pictures taken on that date), and then create folder 071004 and ingest pictures taken at that date. For card 2, I would point ingest again to the 'Project 1' folder, and then it would ingest the pictures taken on 10/4 into the already existing folder 071004, but create a new folder 071005 for the remainder.

Yes, and it can create the Project 1 folder for you as well so you can just keep the Primary and Secondary destination selections alone.

Change the Copy Photos: popup menu to read "into folder with name".  Then in the Folder Name: field enter:

Project 1/{year2}{month0}{day0}

And then Ingest your two cards.

-Kirk

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 04:14:17 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Archer,

Yes, and it can create the Project 1 folder for you as well so you can just keep the Primary and Secondary destination selections alone.

Change the Copy Photos: popup menu to read "into folder with name".  Then in the Folder Name: field enter:

-Kirk

Cool. I'm gonna try that. If that really works then you just saved me quite some time to manually sort and copy files after ingest. Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 04:31:01 PM »
Archer,

Cool. I'm gonna try that. If that really works then you just saved me quite some time to manually sort and copy files after ingest. Thanks.

That's what Photo Mechanic is for!

-Kirk