Author Topic: Can you open more than 1 folder in a contact sheet  (Read 5734 times)

Offline billk13

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Can you open more than 1 folder in a contact sheet
« on: October 08, 2007, 05:25:03 PM »
I want to have several nested folders open in the same contact sheet.  Is this do-able if so how.  Go slow I'm new to PM.

Thanks
Bill

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can you open more than 1 folder in a contact sheet
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 06:33:33 PM »
Bill,

I want to have several nested folders open in the same contact sheet.  Is this do-able if so how.  Go slow I'm new to PM.

You can either open the parent folder and all of its sub-folders into a single contact sheet, or you can open each individual folder into a single contact sheet.

To do either of these cases, use the Navigator to get to the parent folder and then right-click on it.  A contextual menu will appear and there are several choices that will allow you to do either of those operations.

If you need more help, feel free to ask.

-Kirk

Offline billk13

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 06:22:46 AM »
Kirk,

Thanks that is just what I needed. Looks like the command and option keys open a whole new world. (I'm on a mac).

Thanks again

Bill

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 07:50:14 AM »
Is there a way to open multiple folders in the same contact sheet without using the navigator?  If I drop a folder into an existing contact sheet it replaces the current folder with the dropped one, and if I drop more than one folder onto the Dock multiple contact sheets open (expected and exactly what I'd want.)  Is there a 'combine all contact sheets' command anywhere?  If not could one be added?  There shouldn't be any conflict with folders as PM doesn't let you browse the same folder twice anyway.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 08:19:31 AM »
Is there a way to open multiple folders in the same contact sheet without using the navigator?  If I drop a folder into an existing contact sheet it replaces the current folder with the dropped one, and if I drop more than one folder onto the Dock multiple contact sheets open (expected and exactly what I'd want.)  Is there a 'combine all contact sheets' command anywhere?  If not could one be added?  There shouldn't be any conflict with folders as PM doesn't let you browse the same folder twice anyway.

There is no such command.  I'd have to investigate the feasibility of adding one.  Off the top of my head I think it could be a bit tricky.

-Kirk

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 02:13:45 AM »

There is no such command.  I'd have to investigate the feasibility of adding one.  Off the top of my head I think it could be a bit tricky.

-Kirk

That's a shame.  However I've started a new thread in Feature Requests with more thoughts on this subject. Sorry! :)