Author Topic: multipe (2) sets of code  (Read 7276 times)

Offline John OHara

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
multipe (2) sets of code
« on: October 11, 2007, 08:17:12 AM »
I am working an event, a horse show. I use Entry, Horse ,Rider and Owner names in my code. I also and working on another events photo and data at the same time. These are two very different events. I would like to switch back and forth between the to data files within photomechanic. But not have them merged into one file.
Is this possible ? Thinking about it, it would be nice to have two copies of PM in my applications folder so I could work two different events data at the same time. Any ideas ???John

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: multipe (2) sets of code
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 09:10:23 AM »
John,

I am working an event, a horse show. I use Entry, Horse ,Rider and Owner names in my code. I also and working on another events photo and data at the same time. These are two very different events. I would like to switch back and forth between the to data files within photomechanic. But not have them merged into one file.
Is this possible ? Thinking about it, it would be nice to have two copies of PM in my applications folder so I could work two different events data at the same time. Any ideas ???

What version of PM are you using?

More recent versions of PM 4.5.x allow you to load multiple Code Replacement files.  Just make sure your codes are unique and you're all set.

-Kirk

Offline John OHara

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 11:51:55 AM »
CAN YOU EXPLAIN HOW THIS IS DONE ? I have been with PM from the beggining, so I probably think in one dimension. Maybe I'm using the wrong words. This is an XMP file with all the data from an event. I can hoave two of these going at once ?
How about if I double install PM and give each application a different name, PMLasVegas and PMPasoRobles. Would that work ?????? John

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 12:56:05 PM »
John,

CAN YOU EXPLAIN HOW THIS IS DONE ? I have been with PM from the beggining, so I probably think in one dimension. Maybe I'm using the wrong words. This is an XMP file with all the data from an event. I can hoave two of these going at once ?
How about if I double install PM and give each application a different name, PMLasVegas and PMPasoRobles. Would that work ?

No.  Multiple instances of Photo Mechanic cannot be run at the same time.

How about you contact me privately with your phone number and I'll call you and we'll figure out something that will work for you?

Click on my name to the left of this message, then send me a Personal Message with your contact information and a best time to call.

-Kirk