Author Topic: View at 100% Command?  (Read 3108 times)

Offline mistercrisp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
View at 100% Command?
« on: October 12, 2007, 11:53:58 AM »
I *think* I have checked the documentation carefully, but have not found a command that will allow me to view an image at 100% (so that I can check focus, or expression on a face carefully. I have been using an application on my company ThinkPad called Compu Pic.  In that app when you hit the "Z" key, it enlarges the image to 100% (and you only see a small part of it) and if you drag the mouse around, the photo moves around so you can examine the section you are interested in.   Is this implemented in Photo Mechanic somewhere?   If not, is this something that anyone besides me would be interested in?

Thanks,

Ken Spencer

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: View at 100% Command?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 01:00:05 PM »
Ken,

I *think* I have checked the documentation carefully, but have not found a command that will allow me to view an image at 100% (so that I can check focus, or expression on a face carefully. I have been using an application on my company ThinkPad called Compu Pic.  In that app when you hit the "Z" key, it enlarges the image to 100% (and you only see a small part of it) and if you drag the mouse around, the photo moves around so you can examine the section you are interested in.   Is this implemented in Photo Mechanic somewhere?

All you have to do is go into the Preview window (use the magnifying glass icon on the thumbnail that appears when you move your mouse over a thumbnail) and then you can press the 'Z' key to zoom.  You can then pan around as expected.  You can also control the zoom level with a slider on the right side of the window.  And for quicker zooming into specific areas, hold down the Ctrl key and click on an area of interest. (On the Mac, hold down the Command key instead.)   Ctrl-click again to pop back out of zoom mode.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline mistercrisp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: View at 100% Command?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 07:30:08 AM »
Kirk:

Wow!  This is exactly what I was looking for!  Brilliant implementation!  Thanks so much for your help.
I am now a seriously happy camper!

Best,

Ken