Author Topic: PM 4.5.3 Beta Upload to PhotoShelter  (Read 3599 times)

Offline Marty Ojaste

• View Profile
    • Martin Ojaste
PM 4.5.3 Beta Upload to PhotoShelter
« on: October 13, 2007, 05:43:29 PM »
I been using the PM 4.5.3 beta for uploading over the past few days and have a couple questions/ suggestions.

1. Is is possible to have the Photoshelter upload folder remembered across different upload activations? For example, I find a file in local folder and upload to PhotoShelter folder "XXX" I do upload and scroll down the PhotoShelter folder list to find "XXX" and then Send. I then go a find another file local folder to upload to PhotoShelter folder "XXX", I then have to repeat the scrolling down the PhotoShelter folder list to find "XXX".  It would be nice to select the PhotoShelter folder once and everytime I return to upload that PhotoShelter folder is the same as the previous upload.

2. I have many DNG files and normally don't upload the DNG to PhotoShelter because of upload times etc. I currently just extract the JPG from the DNG and then upload the JPG and then delete the JPG from the local system. This takes to much time and "thinking". So with PM 4.5.3. Beta I decided to try to just send the "original" and ONly send the JPG.  What it did was send the DNG file.  My suggestions are,

a: if that is you select a Raw (ie: DNG) to upload and select the "just upload the JPEG" from the drop down memu, that PM extracts the JPG preview from the RAW file and sends that extract to PhotoShelter. (BTW: it sends the DNG even it is "Just upload the JPEG" option is set. Is this expected?)

or,

b: if that is you select a Raw (ie: DNG) to upload and select the "just upload the JPEG", indicate this as an error condition.

or,

c: if that is you select a Raw (ie: DNG) to upload, add a new option to the drop down to "extract JPG Preview and Send".

What do you think?
\Marty

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 4.5.3 Beta Upload to PhotoShelter
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 08:31:30 PM »
Marty,

I been using the PM 4.5.3 beta for uploading over the past few days and have a couple questions/ suggestions.

1. Is is possible to have the Photoshelter upload folder remembered across different upload activations? For example, I find a file in local folder and upload to PhotoShelter folder "XXX" I do upload and scroll down the PhotoShelter folder list to find "XXX" and then Send. I then go a find another file local folder to upload to PhotoShelter folder "XXX", I then have to repeat the scrolling down the PhotoShelter folder list to find "XXX".  It would be nice to select the PhotoShelter folder once and everytime I return to upload that PhotoShelter folder is the same as the previous upload.

It was supposed to do exactly that.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  It has been addressed in beta 2 of PM 4.5.3.  Please download it and verify that it is working properly.

Quote from: Marty Ojaste
2. I have many DNG files and normally don't upload the DNG to PhotoShelter because of upload times etc. I currently just extract the JPG from the DNG and then upload the JPG and then delete the JPG from the local system. This takes to much time and "thinking". So with PM 4.5.3. Beta I decided to try to just send the "original" and ONly send the JPG.  What it did was send the DNG file.  My suggestions are,

a: if that is you select a Raw (ie: DNG) to upload and select the "just upload the JPEG" from the drop down memu, that PM extracts the JPG preview from the RAW file and sends that extract to PhotoShelter. (BTW: it sends the DNG even it is "Just upload the JPEG" option is set. Is this expected?)

or,

b: if that is you select a Raw (ie: DNG) to upload and select the "just upload the JPEG", indicate this as an error condition.

or,

c: if that is you select a Raw (ie: DNG) to upload, add a new option to the drop down to "extract JPG Preview and Send".

What do you think?

I like option 'C' but it will have to wait for a major version release.

-Kirk

Offline Marty Ojaste

• View Profile
    • Martin Ojaste
Re: PM 4.5.3 Beta Upload to PhotoShelter
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 09:28:25 PM »
Upload now works like a charm!  Even remembers across PM sessions - more then expected.

Thanks.
\Marty