Author Topic: What is suppose to happen when Beta expires.  (Read 3695 times)

Offline Marty Ojaste

• View Profile
    • Martin Ojaste
What is suppose to happen when Beta expires.
« on: October 15, 2007, 09:36:43 PM »
I was using Beta 1 this evening to move images around. I had lost track of time and it was just before midnight before I knew it. I had just selected some images and was dragging them from one folder to another and released the mouse to do the drop.

Midnight (or + 1 minute?) then happened and PM froze, as well as everything else on my computer. I could not abort anything the Cntl-ALT-DEL did not work. I had to do a "hard" reboot to recover.

Was this suppose to happen this way?
\Marty

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: What is suppose to happen when Beta expires.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 10:52:27 PM »
I was using Beta 1 this evening to move images around. I had lost track of time and it was just before midnight before I knew it. I had just selected some images and was dragging them from one folder to another and released the mouse to do the drop.

Midnight (or + 1 minute?) then happened and PM froze, as well as everything else on my computer. I could not abort anything the Cntl-ALT-DEL did not work. I had to do a "hard" reboot to recover.

Was this suppose to happen this way?

There is no special code in PM betas to make something like that happen.  You can even fool the betas by simply turning back the clock on your system and the beta will happily run in the past.

User programs like PM do not have the capability to lock up your system that completely.  Sounds like a driver problem to me.

-Kirk