Author Topic: Bad Relative Links in PM Classic Web Pages  (Read 5189 times)

Offline muzdav

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Murray Davidson Photography
Bad Relative Links in PM Classic Web Pages
« on: October 16, 2007, 05:24:38 AM »
I generate my web pages using the PM classic template and enter the home page link as a relative reference (eg. ../home.htm).  This works fine on the index.html pages generated, but the full image pages are located one folder deeper in the hierarchy in the 'Image' directory, so the relative reference no longer works.  Consequently, I've realised I generate hundreds of invalid links on my site when I upload images from an event.

Can this little bug be fixed before the final release of v4.5.3?

Ta heaps,

Murray

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Bad Relative Links in PM Classic Web Pages
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 01:28:13 PM »
Murray,

I generate my web pages using the PM classic template and enter the home page link as a relative reference (eg. ../home.htm).  This works fine on the index.html pages generated, but the full image pages are located one folder deeper in the hierarchy in the 'Image' directory, so the relative reference no longer works.  Consequently, I've realised I generate hundreds of invalid links on my site when I upload images from an event.

Can this little bug be fixed before the final release of v4.5.3?

Is there some reason why you can't just enter the full URL to your home page in the Home Page field?

-Kirk

Offline muzdav

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 02:23:27 PM »
Full URL's do work, but they're messy when testing the site off the local server.

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 03:24:15 PM »
Hi Murray,

What you can do is use "../../home.html" as your home URL when generating the pages. Then open the index.html page in your HTML editor and remove one occurrence of "../" from the 13th line and save it. Otherwise you will need to use the full URL. I hope this helps.

Regards,
Jerry

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 10:36:30 PM »
Full URL's do work, but they're messy when testing the site off the local server.

We've made a change to support relative Home Page links which will appear in the final 4.5.3 update.

-Kirk

Offline muzdav

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 05:11:37 AM »
Fantastic!  Thanks Kirk.